- > 교육정보 > 우리고장영어한마디 > 진남제 > 영어
The Jinnam Festival
- Jaeno : Do you have any special plan for tomorrow?
- Kate : Nothing special.
- Jaeno : How about going to the Jinnam Memorial Festival?
- Kate : Sure. What is it?
- Jaeno : It is a national folk festival. We have it on May 3rd through 6th every year.
- Kate : Will you tell me more?
- Jaeno : Yes. It is the oldest cultural event in Korea. It celebrates Admiral Yi's save-the-nation spirit.
And it is for the development of local society.
- Kate : It seems very interesting.
- Jaeno : It is. People parade around on the street. And there are huge fireworks.
It is fantastic to see the fireworks above the ocean.
- Kate : I love fireworks. I'm really looking forward to seeing that.
- Jaeno : We can watch many interesting events, too.
- Kate : Sounds excellent.