- > 교육정보 > 우리고장영어한마디 > 식습관과관습 > 영어
Eating Habits and Customs
- Jaeho : Koreans use chopsticks to eat. Have you ever used chopsticks before?
- Kate : No, but don't worry. I'll try to use them instead of a fork.
- Jaeho : In Korea, younger people must start eating after the elders.
It's good table manners.
- Kate : I see. You have good manners.
Westerners enjoy talking to their family and friends while they're eating. How about you?
- Jaeho : People say we shouldn't talk when we're at the table because it takes our good luck away.
- Kate : I see. That's interesting.
- Jaeho : My country is famous for kimchi.
- Kate : I know that. I have also heard that Korean food is very healthy.
- Jaeho : That's right. I hope you enjoy many kinds of Korean food during your stay here.